Friday 22 February 2013

Oscar Pistorius brain teaser

Oscar pistorius

Mother of pearl what's gone on here then?!!!! I was discussing this with friends over dinner last week and we are completely baffled.

At first glance it looks clear cut. He's shot his girlfriend and then made up a pack of lies about how he thought she was a burglar.

The more you think about it though the more that just does not make sense. 

He has not only been accused of murder, but pre-meditated murder. Because reeva steenkamp was found to have had an empty bladder at the time of her death proving she had recently used the toilet therefore suggesting beyond most doubt she was in the bathroom for reasons of having a slash as opposed to hiding during a fight. With that in mind, I can't help but think if I was going to plan a murder, this would be the bottom of my list of plans, not least because obviously that makes me a prime fucking suspect.

Oscar pistorius is as able bodied as anyone with legs, probably more able. He carried her body downstairs after battering the door down. He could easily have killed her in some other less conspicuous way had he wanted to plan her murder. Why do it like this? Immediately throwing yourself open to arrest and trial by media, especially with such a reputation at stake. It just doesn't make sense. 

The fact is he shot her, everyone knows that. The question is did he mean to.

Even if they were having a fight and he killed her, why didn't he just leg it straight after (dubious choice of words there sorry) why go through all this battering down the door and carrying her downstairs schnizzle? I don't believe this was pre-meditated murder it just seems the daftest way to do it. If anything I am torn between shooting her in a fit of rage during an argument or believing his story. But if he shot her in a fit of rage why has he concocted such a shit story? Surely it would be better to say that an intruder came in and shot her. Or to just run away. No one in their right mind would say they did it themselves and it was an accident. Unless you had pre-planned it, which I don't believe he did because no one in their right mind would pre-plan such a ridiculous murder that puts themselves right in the frame.

Then again if you are asleep in bed at night and you hear a bump in the night, the first thing you do is check to see if the person in bed with you is still there before going to get your pistol? Why would you automatically assume it was a bad guy in the bathroom? I guess if it was dark and she had moved the duvet when she got up it could have looked like a person was in the bed. And I suppose they do seen to have a lot of bad guys in South Africa so I hear... 

I'm completely bamboozled by the whole thing. Very interesting to see what happens in the trial. I don't think they would be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt he meant to do it.....I almost wish I could go and check out all the evidence myself I'm that interested. This is the sort of thing that keeps me awake at night. I think I need a more challenging life.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, this is just my totally biased opinion. Premeditation means he only had to intend to kill her the second before he did? When I heard that first morning she'd been hit more than once, I thought he had done it deliberately. Otherwise you shoot once and hear a girly yell and stop. When I heard she was in the bathroom - well. How many times have I been there (I was in a violent relationship for 4 years and another 2 years getting out)? You run to the toilet cos it has a lock - even if you have an empty bladder - like you would if you had just gone to bed before he started arguing, like they so often do. You can keep him out. And can I emphasise - they argue when you are going to bed - they catch you off-guard.

    Who shoots an intruder who is locked in a bathroom? You call the police and sit outside there, surely? He shot her cos he couldn't break down the door. Like my ex would have if he'd had a gun and if my bathroom door had been stronger. Not a popular opinion, but he fits every sign. I only hope that justice is done, but I doubt it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the weird story? They want control. Doesn't matter how mad it may seem, they need to have a feeling of control. It's what they do, it's EVERYTHING to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a man and I actually have guns but if I heard noises in the night and I thought there was an intruder in my bathroom, I'd switch on all the lights and shout through the door that I was armed and waiting. I'd then just get my wife to phone the police. All this shooting through the door is rubbish. My personal belief is that he was blinded by "'roid rage" (rage bought on my steroid abuse. It sounded fishy to me the first time I heard about it.
    of course now with blog posts like this, it's going to be very hard to find an impartial jury who haven't heard about the case...

    ReplyDelete