Friday 17 August 2012

Delayed Gratification

First blog since my return from holidays and I am feeling relaxed and replenished from 7 glorious days stuffing my face and lying horizontal in the sunshine. Holiday was rather uneventful apart from a couple of cranks round the pool including a scouse bird pushing a portugese woman in the pool after an argument regarding water pistols and a wierd cockney bloke who lay not far from me all day long downing glasses of sangria and when it got to about 5pm proceeded to stand up in front of me and start...wait for it...DOING LUNGES...wtf. Text off Andy mid way through holiday saying "I don't miss you"...thanks for the update there Andy. Cunt. Other than that a good time was had by all and I was sad to leave
As suspected it was an orgasm free week meaning I was absolutely steaming when I got home. In the absence of any proper MEN I have decided to take a couple of months off the dude scene and impose a period of abstinence. I am practising my own version of delayed gratification. No fuck buddys, no one night affairs, and, more difficult for me, NO SELF SERVICE. If I do this then when I finally do decide to get back in the saddle (reverse cowgirl, one of my specialities) it should be mind blowing. Thats what they say isn't it? It is 34 days since I last had sex...and, erm, 1 day since I last rocked my own world. Maybe I might start that abstinence period tomorrow actually so its a nice 35 number. Can't be starting on 34. And it will mean I can give myself a good time tonight hehe. I have 2 dudes on the "I could shag you if I wanted to" list at the moment, I am going to phase them both out by leaving longer and longer intervals in between my replies to texts. I don't think either of them are boyfriend/marriage material.
My abstinence period will also allow me to concentrate on the very important matter that is my life. Currently I am obsessed with getting a better job than the one I have currently. That Audi I am dreaming about won't pay for itself. Got an interview in a week or so and I am going to channel all my efforts I usually put into thinking about sex, to working out how I am going to get through this bloody interiew! Been reading some interesting books recently. Most notably "Success Principles!" and "The Power" - the latter being the sequel to "The Secret" both of them are basically saying the same thing. If you visualise what you want, and concentrate on it hard enough, it will happen. The Power puts it down to some sort of magnetic frequency that your thoughts are on or something, Success Principles has a more scientific theory that if you concentrate on something long enough, your subconcious will figure out how to get it and make you make the right decisions that lead to it. Either way, its all about visualisation.
So I am focusing on new career direction at the moment. I am 27 years old and I am skipping into work 3 days a week bored to tears every day. Do I still want to be bored to tears and a part timer when I'm 30?? No fucking way!! I have pissed about for long enough so now it is time to stop letting myself get distracted by rich boys in powerful cars. Although if I happen to come across a fittie along the way who bares a passing resemblance to a normal human being then I may indulge.
Perhaps I will allow myself to visualise the perfect dude once in a while and he might show up!

I wonder how long I will last in my period of abstinence? Avoiding boys is easy....but what else is a girl to do when she finds herself alone and bored..... we shall see

@singlegalabto xx

No comments:

Post a Comment