Tuesday 17 July 2012

ok ok so I went to see him...

He called me. Wednesday evening whilst I was in bed watching secret diary of a call girl with a glass of white grenache....the phone started ringing. I was nervous to answer it to be honest. I had already decided in my head he was obviously a fucker and all my inner sensible vibes where screaming NOOOOOOOOOO DON'T PICK UP THE PHONE
...but I did....
"I made a very difficult decision...I had planned on spending a lovely weekend with you and your boy, but then I got a phonecall off my ex to say I could see my daughter. I've not seen her in 8 months, my head was a mess. I'm so sorry I really am I just needed some time to get my head around things I don't know what else to say"
What could I do people?? I love the prick don't I. It could be that this is the truth, it could be that its not. But you have to trust people sometimes. Also, I have no hard evidence to prove he was doing otherwise therefore I have decided on this occasion I am going to have to give him the benefit of the doubt.
"I am so fucked up over this, I don't know what I want....apart from you. I want my girlfriend...thats if I still have a girlfriend or have I fucked that up too..."
He's was making all the right noises. I was very quiet. I had convinced myself it was over and he was dumping me so it was quite strange that he was being so nice. He asked me if I would go and see him so I told him I didnt have the money and then low and behold 70quuid turned up in my bank account for a train ticket. And just like that I was back in the depths of this relationship
Saturday arrived and after work I jumped on the 6.04 virgin pendelino like I have done so many times before. Decided in the interests of cost effectiveness I would not be getting any taxi's whatsoever and so I was re-aquainting myself with the tube once I hit London. Normally I would get a taxi to his place and let myself in, but this time I would have to walk from the station. I arrived...and he was at the station waiting for me...and my heart melted a little bit.
We went back to his apartment and he cooked me dinner, he's a really good cook everything he makes is always gorgeous. I can't even make toast properly its quite embarrasing really. Decent shaggage ensued and then we went to sleep. Just normal coupley stuff really. On Sunday we pissed about in the daytime and he cooked for me again and then after dinner he took me for a walk across Tower Bridge "because he knows im obsessed with it" and he kept saying things like how much he loved me and i'm so right for him and other such stuff that made me go a bit girly and stupid. I am very insecure in this relationship. I think I am just going to have to not jump to conclusions all the time. Its hard though, especially with everything thats happened before. I think its probably best to just go with the flow and see what happens.
Monday morning came and it was time to go home, and it was then that I had the most fucking horrendous trip of my life. I left Andys about 11.15am expecting to catch the 12.07 train from Euston. It would leave me with plenty of time to stock myself up with a burger king and get a few mags for the journey. Unfortunately this was not to be the case. As I arrived at euston I was skipping up the escalator to the beautiful tones of an announcer "due to an incident at hemel hempstead no virgin or london midland services are operating out of euston until further notice,
SHIT
Some absolute fucking idiot had decided to jump in front of a fucking train and now I was stuck. There was nothing going out of euston, I was told to try Kings Cross for an alternative route. Not being able to face the tube again I decided to walk down the road to Kings Cross only to be sent to St Pancras who, rather helpfully informed me that they could get me home via Sheffield. Sheffield? Are you having a giraffe? Sheffield's, well, I don't even know where Sheffield is but its a fucking Long way from Liverpool I know that much!!! The train to Sheffield would have arrived there at 3.30pm and I then would have had to get another train back. I did some mental maths to work out how long it would realistically take to scrape a dead guy off the tracks and decided I was best staying put in London until the track was operational again. Fuck My Life. I called Andy, he told me hehad gone out!! Ohhhhh great so I was abandoned! I called Ryan...he said yeah honey come round you can stay over here tonight and we can go out!...no chance I thought, Id end up on a bender before I knew it. So I strolled back down to Euston and founded a refugee camp on the floor of a Sushi bar in there \nd just waited.
It was the right decision, the train for Liverpool left at half 2 and after a slow crawling journey I was back on scouse soil by 6. I had a grudge against suicidal train jumpers and a chest infection, but a warm heart.
So thats the latest kids, we are back together. Well to all intents and purposes we never split up, that was just in my head. I am seeing him again next Thursday as I am off to essex that weekend and I am dropping in on him on the way. Will keep you updated :-)

1 comment:

  1. I don't really no what to say without offending you but splittage was most certainly not in your head! I do hope it works out though because you seem a lovely girl! I think I'll leave it at that. I'm a scouser living in Sheffield and can let you know that you most definitely made the right decision! Officially it takes 1hr 40mins to travel by train to lime street. Hand on heart in the all the years I've lived here it has never taken less than 3 hours

    ReplyDelete